COOKIE! PAINNNNNN! Why aren't I 600 pounds! COOKIESSSSS
SWEET & SALTY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup spelt flour
2 1/2 cups oats
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or table salt
1 cup raisins (I used organic thompson raisins)
teensy bit of Maldon sea salt flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
1. Using a stand mixer or hand held beaters in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
2. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add egg and pure vanilla extract, mixing to incorporate.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the spelt flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
5. Throw in the raisins and mix until incorporated.
6. Scoop out 2 inch balls of cookie dough onto baking sheets, evenly spaced.
7. Add a few crystals of Maldon sea salt to the tops of each cookie.
8. Bake for 13-15 minutes, depending on how hot your oven gets, turning pans halfway through baking time.
I made these twice. The second time I made them, my butter was actually
still on the colder side - and the cookies didn't spread as much as the
first batch. You can refrigerate the baking sheets with the cookie
dough doled out onto them for an hour before baking to prevent cookie
spreading - if you can stand to wait that long to bake them and eat
Enjoy your boring old oatmeal raisin sweet and salty cookies, everyone! ;)
Until next time! Thanks for reading!